Thursday, November 11, 2010

7th/8th- Stones Taught Me to Fly

Dear students,
I left yesterday's class feeling dissatisfied. Yesterday was such an important class, and not only did I not know exactly what to say, but it was hard to think of what to say to all 75 of you at once, to meet each of you where you were, and where I was. So I fear I wound up giving something of a Bland Teacher Talk, which is disappointing, because choir is where I feel like we can be most real together.

So here's what's true: what happened this week is upsetting, for me and for you, and I don't have any answers. What we do have is each other. (Gah. cliche, but true.) So if you want to come hang out, or talk about it, or talk about something else, I'm here.

In the meantime, here are some songs I've been listening to, some hopeful, some sad, that speak to me right now. Feel free to share what you're listening to in the comments.

If I'd gone all Mr. Schuester and had a song to break into, it'd have been this. I, too, wonder, what's going on?


From the musical Next to Normal:


This is the supremely dorky Greg Greenway. I love him. The song starts at 1:30.


And the classic Beatles song, In My Life:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, but be sure to ONLY use you FIRST NAME AND LAST INITIAL. Example: Jaime A. Comments without this will not be posted.